Making a will
By making a will you can ensure peace of mind and the security that your loved ones’ interests will be protected at a time of emotional distress.
A will outlines how you want to distribute your assets when you pass away. A will only deals with assets that are held in your own name, not assets that are held in superannuation, companies and family trusts. A well-considered will and estate plan will incorporate assets in your own name, superannuation, companies and family trusts.
Having a will and a considered Estate Plan eliminates uncertainty and maximises the value of the estate. This provides your loved ones with the financial security they need at a time when it is needed most. Our estate solicitors can assist with preparation of your will and Estate Plan for either modest or complex estates. We are conscious of issues that matter like the guardianship of your children, and we make sure that your estate plan protects your family from unnecessary financial and legal issues.
Our estate solicitors can help you with:
- Drafting a will that ensures your family’s inheritance is protected from family breakdown and creditors.
- Implementing strategies to minimise the chance of litigation against an estate.
- Assisting you with setting up a testamentary discretionary trust in your will that may assist with asset protection and tax minimisation.
- Understanding Estate and Probate laws;
- Advising you when choosing your executors and guardians;
- Structure your estate to minimise the tax your estate and/or beneficiaries may be liable to pay.