Deceased Estates & Trust Administration
Being appointed with estate administrator responsibilities in the formal role of Executor of an estate can at times seem a little overwhelming, especially when grieving. We can help guide you through the process in a timely and appropriate manner.
Our experienced team assists executors to administer estates in accordance with the deceased’s wishes. We ensure the estate is administered in a timely fashion and the executors are legally protected against any personal liability that may arise from their appointment.
Our team can assist you with the following during the administration process:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws.
- Assisting in obtaining probate from the Supreme Court.
- Assist administrators in obtaining grants of representation when there is no will and distributing the estate funds in accordance with the laws of intestacy.
- Gathering and liquidating assets such as real property, bank funds, shares and outstanding loans and insurance payouts.
- Dealing with financial institutions and discharging all debts.
- Claiming Superannuation payments.
- Gathering all the information required for the estate’s tax return.
- Administering trust funds.
- Advising in regards to family and testamentary trusts.
If we can be of assistance, please contact our office today for a free case analysis.